7700 Olive Blvd.
University City, MO 63130
The University City Chamber of Commerce is seeking a part-time Executive Director. The Chamber works to promote and strengthen the community by building prosperity through a healthy economy and a strong business sector. The ideal candidate for Executive Director should possess strong management skills and be prepared to serve as a key representative and advocate for University City business owners and our members beyond borders.
Job Description-Executive Director University City Chamber of Commerce
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Board of Directors through the Chair
The Executive Director is responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors to provide executive leadership to the University City Chamber of Commerce.
- Oversee the general finances of the Chamber
- Lead, direct and develop the Chamber’s fund-raising strategies
- Coach and develop the internal leadership team to attain consistent, highly effective performance
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chamber, including management of programs, staffing, membership and marketing efforts
- Prepare agendas and materials for Board and Executive Committee meetings
- Develop goals and objectives for recommendation to the Board
- Serve as the principal spokesperson and ambassador for the Chamber
- Build partnerships with other organizations
- Direct the annual and long-term planning process
- Attend Chamber Board committee meetings and provide staff support to committee efforts
- Participate in higher level membership and sponsorship sales
- Identify and develop revenue generation programs and events
- Assure that organizational priorities are responsive to member needs and serve to advance the City of University City’s economic welfare
- Develop and maintain a positive and helpful relationship with City and County governmental agencies, neighboring Chambers and the State Chamber
- Develop goals and long-range plans of the Chamber
- Any additional duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Outstanding time management and event planning skills
- Strong executive and supervisory skills, including ability to plan, organize, lead, delegate, and monitor
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage a budget, to analyze organizational performance and to project financial performance.
- Ability to work a wide and flexible range of business hours
- Ability to motivate others to be champions of Chamber initiatives
- Minimum of 5-10 years management/executive level experience in a business-related field or other leadership position, including supervision of professional staff and oversight of finances
- Previous Chamber management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of local, regional and state-level political systems and experience in developing collaborative relationships in these areas
- Minimum of three years P&L responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, or comparable professional training and experience attained through military, industry or association service
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, at least three professional references and any applicable documents to support prior work experience to email@example.com, attention Ken Rice.